THANK YOU, BOOKINGS ARE NOW CLOSED.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO ON THE WAITING LIST FOR THE NEXT FOREST SCHOOL TRAINING (DATES AS YET TO BE DECIDED), PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
Forest School Level 3 Training, Co. Wicklow
“Nature has unlimited potential to educate and nurture” – participant 2011
“I would highly recommend undertaking this training. It will thoroughly equip you to take groups of children to the woods, the forest, the duck pond, the beach or the meadow” – teacher 2012
What is Forest School?
“Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.” Forest School Association
Forest School level 3 certification is for environmental educators, school teachers, group leaders, outdoor education centres and those interested in a qualification in delivering forest school experiences in Ireland.
Forest Schools are based on outdoor schools in Scandinavia, where children play and learn in nature. When children learn outdoors they develop in lots of ways simultaneously and the learning they do is very secure and beneficial. There is so much evidence to show how minds, bodies and hearts are all exercised at once.
See this video about Forest School level 3 qualification from Circle of Life Rediscovery, one of the providers of this training.
This training is:
· Level 3 certified through the Open College Network.
· an internationally recognised qualification and quality standard.
· underpinned by our philosophy and nature connection values.
· set in the wider context of ecological education, bush-craft and nature connection.
· combines personal, environmental and cultural understanding within a dynamic of holistic development.
· suitable for working with all ages.
· run by highly trained and experienced staff.
This qualification is being taught by Forest School training providers from the UK, Circle of Life Rediscovery and Huathe, hence the £1,000 fee is paid directly in British Pound’s. If you prefer, you can pay in instalments of:
· £200 deposit when registering, subject to approval.
· £300 more by Oct 18th
· £500 by December 18th
Please note: To complete the certification you must have up-to-date Wilderness First Aid training and be Garda/CRB vetted by April 2014. We can get a group discount for First Aid training for those who need it. If you require accommodation during the training, Knockree Hostel is perfect and where some of the training will take place.
Next steps if you would like take part in this training:
- · Contact Ciara Hinksman 086 3199515 [email protected] / [email protected] for a booking form.
- · Hold your place by paying a £200 deposit by September 30th, 2013, we provide you an invoice.
- · Please share this email.
This is the first Southern Irish FS training and we can have maximum twenty people in this first cohort, with a minimum of eighteen people to run it, so please share with those you know who would benefit from this qualification.
BOOKING THROUGH THIS WEBSITE IS NOT AVAILABLE.
.YOU MUST EMAIL [email protected] TO ASK FOR AN APPLICATION FORM TO BE SENT TO YOU.