Summer Camps, Phoenix Park, Dublin City for ages 5-8 and 9-14.
In association with Phoenix Forest School, for the first time Earth Force Education is delighted to offer Forest School style Summer Camps in Dublin City Centre, at the Phoenix Park!
Discover the world of the woods through fun games, environmental art, shelter building, woodcraft, foraging, folklore and nature awareness activities. Your child will be guided to get in touch with their inner-outdoor explorer. Plenty of play and campfire treats.
There are still places left, going fast so book now!
‘Otters’ Age 5-8 yrs:
Dates: AUGUST 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Cost: €35 per child, per day. Special Offer – Book three days for €95!
‘Sparrowhawks’ Older Kids Camps age 9-14yrs:
Date: AUGUST 5th
Cost for Older Kids Camps: €35 per child.
We will send you information about where in the Phoenix Park to meet on your booking form.
WHAT TO BRING
- Long-sleeved tops and long trousers, to reduce scrapes, sun exposure and insect bites.
- Avoid cotton, esp. jeans as it gets cold when wet. Use a wicking/base layer if you have it. LIDL and ALDI often stock these.
- A small day pack, backpack with:
- Wet gear; waterproof jacket and trousers – essential!
- Wellington boots or waterproof hiking boots
- Spare socks and trousers and a plastic bag for wet clothes. There is mud play!
- A change of clothes in the car for when you pick them up (they may well be mucky/wet/cold)
- Lunch and several snacks – we need sustained energy in the outdoors, please avoid sugary treats (although the odd marchmallow may find its way onto the end of a stick as a treat 🙂
- A drink, a bottle of water and a hot drink in a flask is very nice.
- A peaked cap for the sun…or rain 🙂
- Any special sunscreen your child uses. We are not allowed to apply sunscreen so please do it in advance if they can’t self-apply.
- Any medication your child needs, please inform us in advance.
- Your place will be reserved upon receipt of completed booking form and payment, many thanks!
FOR PARENTS WHO WANT TO VOLUNTEER DURING KIDS CAMPS
Parents are encouraged to volunteer during kids camps, it is as rewarding for YOU as it is for your child to be immersed in forest culture for the day and is a valuable shared experience. This includes gaining your own experience by participating, observing, assisting only when asked and helping the leader when necessary.
See volunteer information attached under “Further reading”.
Please email [email protected] if you would like to get involved.