Forest School Programme Leadership Training July 2014
(Level 3 Certificate)
July 7th – 11th and October 16th – 19th, 2014
(Including written assessments, training will be completed by Dec 2014)
Our venue is Glendalough House, Annamoe, Co. Wicklow. Nearby villages for accommodation are Laragh, Glendalough and Roundwood.
If you wish to apply, download the BOOKING FORM found at the bottom of this webpage, complete it and return with non-refundable €200 deposit.
Great news, Earth Force Education is delighted to announce that we are taking bookings for our next Forest School Leadership training, provided by Circle of Life Rediscovery. For more about this ground-breaking training, you can read an Irish Times article about the first Forest School training in southern Ireland and see a feature about place-based nature education in Ireland on RTE’s Nationwide last year featuring the host, Earth Force Education.
“This is the best training I have ever done. I enjoyed all the aspects especially the hands on doing. Each trainer brought their different strengths and you all worked together with such passion and a strong united vision.”
– Co. Wicklow training participant 2013.
What is forest school?
“Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.” Forest School Association
Forest School level 3 certification is for environmental educators, school teachers, group leaders, outdoor education centres, créches, pre-schools and those with the relevant experience interested in a qualification in delivering forest school experiences in Ireland.
Forest Schools are based on outdoor schools in Scandinavia, where children and young adults play and learn in nature. There is much documented evidence to show how minds, bodies and hearts are all exercised at once. See this video about Forest School level 3 qualification from Circle of Life Rediscovery, the provider of this training.
“I will be recommending it to everyone and hopefully arrange a training day for childcare providers.”
– feedback from Co. Wicklow training participant, 2013.
This training is:
- · Level 3 certified through the Open College Network.
- · An internationally recognised qualification of the highest quality standard.
- · Underpinned by our philosophy and nature connection values.
- · Set in the wider context of ecological education, bush-craft and nature connection.
- · Combines personal, environmental and cultural understanding within a dynamic of holistic development.
- · Suitable for working with all ages.
- · Run by highly trained and experienced staff.
Who is the training designed for?
This Level 3 Training is designed for professionals already working with young people who wish to establish and deliver a Forest School/Environmental Education programme. It is appropriate for those over the age of 21 years with relevant qualifications including teachers, youth workers, playworkers, rangers, ecologists or teaching assistants with experience of working with young people or adults (at least 2 years).
Assessment will combine written work, use of practice workbooks, reflective logs, practical demonstrations and group discussion. This Training requires a significant level of paper work e.g. short written assignments, risk assessments and health and safety policies. You can let us know in advance if you have any concerns in this area.
Participants should also have access to a group with whom they will run a 6 week Forest School Programme
All participants must be Garda vetted and hold a first aid certificate by the end of the Training. This is the 16 hour Level 2 Wilderness First Aid certificate or equivalent. We can provide this during the Training (at an additional cost of €110).
Wilderness First Aid is not equivalent to the Occupational First Aid. It is a slightly higher level of first aid than Occupational First Aid as it incorporates splinting of sprains and breaks and how to look after a patient in non-urban forested locations.
We will organise WFA Level 2 training for your group with Ronan Lenihan of Mountain Training if you wish to avail of it.
cOST AND HOW TO BOOK A PLACE:
- The total cost of the training is €1200.00.
- Download the booking form at the bottom of this webpage, complete and email back to [email protected]
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 payable to Earth Force Education is required on return of this booking form. Please state your name clearly on any banking transactions.
- The remaining fee of €1,000 is payable to Earth Force Education 60 days prior to the initial training week (can be paid by instalments on request).
- We can provide Wilderness First Aid during the Training (at an additional cost of €110).
- Twenty places available.
Next steps if you would like take part in this training:
- Contact Ciara [email protected] / 086 3199 515 for more information or if you would like a booking form emailed directly to you.
- Download the booking form, complete and email back to [email protected] Booking-form-Forest-School-CICEFE-20144.
- To book, return a completed booking form with €200 deposit. (Your application is subject to assessment so please ensure you meet the criteria above).
Thank you for being interested in this incredibly positive development for increasing nature connection in Ireland for the years to come.
PLEASE NOTE, DO NOT USE THE “BOOK NOW” BUTTON.