Hallowe’en Forest Skills camps for Kids in West Wicklow
Welcome to Autumn mid-term Forest Camps with Earth Force Education!
Our Forest School Leaders look forward to working with your child in the beautiful woods at Castleruddery Organic Farm this October 29th, 30th, 31st and November 1st.
We have multiple activities on offer from den building, fire lighting techniques, make-and-create areas with tools (observed by a leader), relaxing area with a hammock, nature crafts (inks and dyes, clay crafts, willow crafts), charcoal making, slippery slopes to slide down and a mud kitchen/play area. We also play games and develop our nature awareness skills.
Our sessions have a familiar daily routine and the activities on offer are varied and are chosen by the child and influenced by the seasons.
The Forest School ethos that underpins our work is that of child-led play and personal development so learning happens holistically for each child.
All our camps are run by highly experienced Forest School Leaders, our Leaders and assistants are Garda Vetted by Earth Force Education and are current Outdoor First Aid trained. We go out in all weathers except high winds (40kmph).
Age: Suitable for children age 5 up to age 11 years. Under 5’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Times: 10am to 3pm each day
Cost: €30 per child/per day
Special offer! Automatic 10% discount when you register more than one child at the time of booking.
October 29th, 30th, 31st & November 1st.
Book one day or multiple dates, pick-and-choose from the drop down menu in ONLINE BOOKING FORM
What to wear and gear to bring:
- Wear long sleeved tops and trousers tucked into socks for protection against cold, insects and nettles stings. Avoid cotton as it stays wet and cold.
- Waterproof jacket, waterproof leggings, hat, scarf & gloves.
- A backpack for them to carry their gear. There is a 5 minute walk into the woods from the carpark.
- Bring a very good lunch for sustained energy. Lots of food they like, think complex carbs and
- protein or whatever is suitable for your child.
- Plenty of snacks (not too many sugary treats. Some sugar is helpful to keep us warm on a cold day by keeping our blood sugars up… think fruit, museli bars etc.)
- Water bottle (please use reusable bottle) and a hot drink in a flask is nice too
- Good outdoor footwear:- hiking boots, outdoor runners or wellies
- Spare socks x 2 and spare light trousers in case we get wet in a separate plastic bag to keep them dry and to put wet items into.
- NB! Please pack any medications needed, e.g. inhaler, epi-pens, anti-histamines etc. and advise us in relevant sections below so we can tke good care of your child’s needs.