Forest School CPD – Advanced Tool Use & Wood Crafts
Earth Force Education is delighted to be joining forces with the awesome Phoenix Forest School to bring you this inspiring day in the woods. Lucy O’Hagan and Ciara Hinksman each have years of experience developing and delivering Forest School, Bushcraft and Nature connection experiences for a wide diversity of learners.
This CPD will enable Forest School leaders to refresh the practical skills they learned during their initial forest school training and further develop these skills. This CPD will help expand and develop the learning of the children and young people FS leaders work with.
Who’s it for?
Participants must have completed the OCN Level 3 FS Leadership training.
• Refresher & consolidation of tool use at Forest School
• Ideas for new crafts to make at Forest School
• Pewter casting and natural cordage to make a metal pendant
• Burn-out spoons
• Knife skills – simple whittling techniques to progress fine motor skills
• Knife sharpening skills
• Experience new tools appropriate for use at Forest School
• Sit Spot and Nature Connection practices
This is the non-accredited CPD for practitioners to have the opportunity to refresh their tool use skills and gain a few new ideas. You will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
Cost: €60 per person
Where: Ciara’s Earth Force Education Forest School Hub, Castleruddery Organic Farm, Castleruddery Lower, Donard, Co. Wicklow, W91 A722
BOOKING FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/bry6UuJMjIokoWDm1