Adults Introduction to Forest School at the Phoenix Park
Have you ever wondered what happens at Forest School? Watched enviously as you dropped your child off for a day among the trees and animals? Or are you keen to learn more about this holistic, playful way of learning? Then this day is for you!
Phoenix Forest School is delighted to to be joining forces with the awesome Earth Force Education to bring you this inspiring day in the woods. Lucy O’Hagan and Ciara Hinksman each have years of experience developing and delivering Forest School, Bushcraft and Nature connection experiences for a wide diversity of learners.
We will spend the day in the woods together, playing games, exploring natural crafts, nibbling on what nature has to offer and practicing some bushcraft skills. We will also spend some time intentionally connecting with nature and tuning into all of our animal senses.
During the day, we will:
* Play lots of games to deepen awareness and appreciation of the natural world;
* Learn practical ways to set up an outdoor play experience that children will respond to;
* Develop practical skills such as knots & lashings, basic tool use, fire creation & management, as well as safe and effective ways to pass on this learning;
* Explore nature’s cuisine by foraging for wild food and cooking on the fire;
* Discover ways to create natural art with and from our landscapes;
* Explore the principles of Forest School and how these can be applied in different settings;
* Enjoy the opportunities offered by natural & free play;
* Meet like-minded people and experience ways to connect deeply with nature.
When? Saturday 14th April, 10am-4pm
Where? Phoenix Forest School, Furry Glen, Phoenix Park. Meeting at the Felters’ Cottage at Knockmaroon Gate Lodge.
Who’s it for?
This day is suitable for anyone over the age of 17 who has ever wondered what happens at Forest School and would like to experience it for themselves. Particularly of interest to parents, Early years practitioners, Teachers & those considering undertaking the Level 3 Forest School training. Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance on the day.
€60 per person
On the day, please bring:
a packed lunch and plenty of water
Good clothing- please dress for the weather and remember that it could change at anytime!
Waterproofs (Trousers if you want to try out the mud slide!)
Sturdy & waterproof footwear
A notepad & pencil
A cup for tea/coffee (we will provide hot drinks & small snacks)
BOOKING FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/kd8u6T3AYyoAvgNl1
For more information please contact: email@example.com 0831916252 // firstname.lastname@example.org 0863199515